Whilst I go through the Go ecosystem, I pick up some excellent resources. I do need to drop these somewhere. So I picked here. This way future-me can find them. I will update this blog post as I go.
- Buffalo - Buffalo is a Go web development eco-system. Designed to make the life of a Go web developer easier.
- Prism - Prism is a tool that allows you to collect and analyze profiling data from your go applications.
- Hugo - A new idea for making website creation simple again. My site uses this and it really couldn’t be simpler. A couple of early on gotchas that I did struggle with (blog post to follow), but one day I just got it and it made sense.
- GOA - goa is an holistic approach for building microservices in Go.
- pkg/errors - Package errors provides simple error handling primitives.
- emirpasic/gods - Go Data Structures. Why write them myself when I can borrow them from someone who is far better at it than me?
- BoltDB - An embedded key/value database for Go.
- CockroachDB - An open source, survivable, strongly consistent, scale-out SQL database.
- Docker - Docker is the world’s leading software containerization platform.
- Pachyderm - Pachyderm (a data lake) lets you store and analyze your data using containers.
People doing great stuff
- Dave Cheney - His immense knowledge on Go is, well, immense. His blog posts are a source of amazement.
- Todd McLeod - Does amazing work, and provides great training courses.
- Erik St. Martin - Hosts the Gotime.fm podcast. A @GopherCon organiser. Co-Author of Go In Action.
- Gotime.fm - My go-to podcast for all things Golang.
Newsletters / Publications
- Golang Weekly Newsletter - A great weekly resource for learning Go. Great resource for things around hte Go community.
- Go Recipes, Shiju Varghese - A great book on ‘‘how to use Go’’ effectively, rather than learning about the syntax.
- Go Best Practices, six years in - A great post from Peter Bourgon.
- The 9 most popular Golang links from
- Links to many great resources on Go.
- Five things that make Go
- Dave Cheney’s presentation from Gocon 2014.
- Effective error handling in Go.
- Good article on Go error handling. Go’s error handling gets a lot of flack from non-Go developers who don’t quite get it.
- Idiomatic Go - What defines idiomatic Go? This article covers most of it.
- Dancing with Go’s
- Good points about Go and concurrency. When to use mutexes vs channels. All the good stuff. Great read.
- Common Go for Data Science
- Good article from Daniel Whitenack on data science with Go.
- How to Optimize Garbage Collection in
- Excellent post from CockroachLabs on Go garbage collection.